With reference to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, the Embassy of Algeria in Helsinki is closely following the situation and pays great attention to the health and safety of the Algerian community in Finland. The Embassy invites the Algerian citizens in Finland to follow the regulations given by the Finnish authorities on the relevant websites, including:
- https://vnk.fi/en/frontpage (Prime Minister’s Office)
- https://thl.fi/en/web/thlfi-en (Website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare)
- https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/en (Website of the City of Helsinki)
In a need of advice, all Algerian citizens are invited to contact the Embassy of Algeria in Helsinki by phone (+358927092080) or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Regarding border traffic, The Embassy informs of the following, referring to the information given by the Finnish Ministry for Foreign affairs:
- Border traffic will be restricted at the internal and external borders of Finland as from 19 March 2020 (00.00) until 13 April 2020 (midnight).
- The police may extend the validity of a visa in the event that e.g. flight cancellations prevent the visa holder from leaving the territory of Finland before the expiry of their visa. In this case the police is to be contacted via following channels:
- The primary way to avoid visa expiry is to find alternative flights/transportation in order to return home from Finland. Police is to be contacted when no alternative transport cannot be found prior to visa expiry.