If you need a new passport or ID card, please read the instructions below.
PLEASE NOTE: PASSPORT SERVICES ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE AT THE EMBASSY IN HELSINKI. PLEASE CONTACT THE EMBASSY.
New passport / ID to replace an old one:
- The Embassy of Algeria in Helsinki informs its community members that an online service is available to enable Algerian nationals based abroad, holders of biometric passports and a National Identification Number (NIN), to apply for a Biometric, Electronic National Identification Card.
- The access to the online service can be reached via this link.
Lost, stolen or damaged passport / ID
- Any loss, theft or damage of documents issued by the Algerian authorities must be declared to the Embassy’s Consular Service. Please fill and sign this form and send it to the Embassy.
- The presence of the person concerned is mandatory. He/She must provide an identity document proving his Algerian nationality and a loss declaration issued by the local police noting the circumstances of the loss/theft.
- Renewal of lost, stolen or damaged passport is subject to the payment of a fee of one hundred (100) euros, in addition to the stamp duty set at 60 euros, a total of 160 euros, and a fee of ten (10) euros for the National Biometric Identity Card (new provisions of the Finance Act 2017, Articles 18 and 21, Official Journal No. 77).
- If you need to return to Algeria without a proper ID or passport, please see the page on Travel Document / Laisser-Passez
Contact and payment info