An Algerian minor (19 years old or younger) traveling to Algeria on his own or with another person except his parents must have a notarized parental authorization for travel to be signed by the father.
This document is required by the Algerian Authorities at any border control Point (including Airports, Ports or Land Borders).
This document is not required when the minor´s parents are divorced or separated on condition that:
- The minor lives abroad with his mother.
- The mother holds a Court Order with full custody, which must be shown as evidence by the mother when leaving Algeria.
- Application form filled and signed.
- Original and a copy of a Full Birth Certificate for the minor, or the parents’ Family Book.
- Father´s Consular Card, National Identity or Passport.
- A payment of 2 euros, made as a bank transfer.
This document is only valid for three (03) months.
The presence of the father or guardian is required when the parental authorization is issued.
The applicant must present his identity card along with the “livret de famille” or the birth certificate.
In a situation where the father is deceased or both parents are deceased, the presence of a parent or guardian is required to issue the parental travel authorization.
Minor children with divorced or separated parents or in full custody of their mother are exempted from the paternal travel authorization.
In this case, the child will leave the Algerian territory accompanied by his/her mother who must provide proofs of:
Her residence card
The copy of the custody document
All documents showing the legal presence of the child abroad (residence or school attendance certificate)
His family booklet (livret de famille) or other document showing the family ties.
Arriving at the Embassy
You can visit the Embassy during consular service hours (10:00 – 13.00 Monday to Thursday).
Payments, we accept only CASH