The marriage or divorce of Algerians Nationals that occurred In Finland can be registered at the Algerian Embassy of Algeria in Helsinki. This requires your physical presence at the Embassy. Please book an appointment via this link or call us directly.
A family book (livret de famille) is issued after registration free of charge.
Please take note of the important following information :
If both spouses are both born in Algeria, they must provide :
- Original Finnish Marriage Certificate
- Originals full birth certificates for both spouses (validity less than 03 months),
- Copy of Identification (passport, ID card or Consular card).
- Descriptive form (please contact the embassy).
If the Algerian bride married a non-Muslim foreigner, they must provide :
- Certificate of Conversion to Islam issued by a mosque or an association agreed by Finnish government,
- Full copy of the groom’s birth certificate,
- Original full birth certificate of the bride (validity less than 03 months),
- Copy of Identification (passport, ID card or Consular card),
- Descriptive form for consular report for both spouses.
If the bride is a not an Algerian citizen, they must provide :
- Original birth certificate,
- Photo Identification (copy passport or ID card).
If one of the Algerians spouses or both were born abroad, they must provide :
- Original birth certificate issued by the country of birth,
- Proof of Algerian Nationality (Algerian passport or Algerian National Identity).
In case of a divorce in Finland and if the marriage is already registered at our Embassy or in Algeria, an act of execution (Exequatur du jugement de divorce) must be obtained from the Court (Tribunal) in Algeria.