This page gives you information on how to apply for a visa to Algeria.
Who needs a visa to enter Algeria?
By default, all non-algerians need to apply for a visa to enter Algeria. However, there are exceptions listed below.
- Nationals from the following countries do not require a visa to travel to Algeria:
Libya, Mauritania, Moroc
- Nationals of the states mentioned below, holding diplomatic passports do not need a visa to travel to Algeria:
Argentina, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Romania.
- Nationals of the States mentioned below, holding diplomatic or official passports (passeports de service) do not need a visa to travel to Algeria:
Albania, Benin, Brazil, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Greece, Guinea, Italy, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Niger, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Senegal, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela, Vietnam.
- Processing time: The average processing time for visas is about two weeks, depending on the applicant’s nationality.
- When the visa is ready, applicants may retrieve their passports at the visa office of the Embassy during normal business hours between 09.30-13.00.
- Rush fees are not applicable.
- In case of minors, one of the parents must submit the visa application on their in behalf along with an authorization to travel abroad signed by both parents that must be authenticated by a Notary Public.
- Some nationalities require proof of travel insurance, please see below.
- The Consular office will evaluate the documents submitted and may request additional ones at its discretion. Furthermore, be aware that submitting the required documentation does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
WHAT YOU NEED
- A valid passport with six months of validity starting from the date of entry.
- Two completed application forms typed online (see your visa type for the appropriate form). The signature must be original on both forms except for the press visa
- Two passport pictures with white background.
An invitation letter from Algeria. For more information, please see the different visa types.
Travel insurance covering the whole period of stay. Please see below.
The travel insurance is mandatory for the citizens of the following countries :
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, F.Y.R. of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands (The), New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,Romania.
Please see the appropriate type of visa for the appropriate visa fees.
The visa fees are paid only by a bank transfer to the Embassy’s bank account
- FI 8118 20 3000 04 38 10
Note: please note that these fees are non-refundable if your visa application is denied or cancelled.
TYPES OF VISA